Tuesday, February 23, 2010

An Italian in Courch






Last Wednesday I was greeted by the latest addition to the Italian family. Mr. Daniel Roth paid a visit to the Courch. Fun was had and oh was it fun. It was great having a familiar face around, as well as someone who understands my accent.

1664 was drank, a jacket was stolen, yellow snow was made, coffee was paid for in 5 euro and 1 euro cent coins, sit down, sit down was sung, bluebird days were had, espressos were enjoyed, Dan was called out for being the only standing boozer in the Boulotte, asses were made out of ourselves at a family restaurant, fondue was eaten, apres was attended, and pow-pow was shredded.

All in all it was a successful three days. Although he may contend that Chamonix is better, his assessment is incorrect as he bases his theory purely on the fact that you can take a bus from one side of Chamonix to the surrounding mountains. Fortunately, I have the luxury of skiing there instead of having to bus it.

I kept having to refrain from asking where to next as it felt so normal to be on the hill together and I kept forgetting that we were not spending one of our usual days in Chamonix or Hood. I did relish in the fact that we both had moved from across the pond, were living in different countries, and still possessed the ability to meet up in a small town in the Alps. Quality.

As I was shoving him on the bus that may or may not have been headed towards Geneva, I have to say that I was wishing that the time had not gone by so fast. The only thing that kept me smiling was the fact that I knew he is headed back to shred it up in Courch in 11 days.

Here are some pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/ohalfen/RothmanComesToTheCourch#

2 comments:

  1. just looked at the pics. looks like you guys had a ball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just back from ditching Sean in Rome and taking the train across the boot to Ancona. You know this last visit was "the best" and you and I both know Chamonix is better. Miss you already.

    ReplyDelete